Sunday, July 11, 2010

Better for orphans to have a home

Quick and easy utility quilt made long enough for my 6'4" son to stretch out under. I used orphan blocks and my scrap pile. I felt a little guilty slicing up the orphans at first, but then i decided it was better for them to have a home rather than live stashed away in a tote somewhere. I started with orphans I was fairly sure I wasn't ever going to do anything with and added strips and pieces from my scraps to make 12" squares. I then cut them on the diagonal and added solid red strips from jelly roll to make the diamonds. Q said he really likes the feel of fleece so I just did a large meander all over with the fleece as the batting/backing with turned over backing for binding. Quick, easy and done.

2 comments:

scraphappy said...

Very clever way to use orphans. You are so right, it is better to use them than save them.

Susan said...

Love it Mary. Should I be looking for one of my blocks all wacked up!Want me to send yousome more orphans???

About Me

My photo
Bargersville, Indiana, United States
I'm a 45 year old wife and mother. Quilting is my haven from the real world.