Thursday, December 28, 2006

String-X adaptation


Although I promised I wouldn't post pictures of uncompleted projects, I am really stoked about this so I couldn't wait! I adapted this wall hanging pattern from one offered by Bonnie at http://www.quiltville.com/ and pieced the strings on phone book pages. I still need to add yoyos to the flower centers, but would like to use black buttons. Would you believe out of a quart jar of buttons I own I don't have 8 black buttons? Binding still needs to be done also, I'm thinking more nice bright to frame it. I really hope this gets me out of the brights on black color scheme rut I have been in lately. It was nice to use up scraps from retreat houses to make it!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Bargersville, Indiana, United States
I'm a 45 year old wife and mother. Quilting is my haven from the real world.