Wednesday, December 27, 2006

2007 Projects, UFOs and resolutions

Listening to Johnny Cash I Walk the Line

The time of year has come that I find myself reflecting on this years projects and accomplishments and thinking about all the 2007 quilting I'm going to do. This year I spent a great deal of time on trying to finish a few things and of course starting a whole bunch of new projects which far out number those I completed.

I swap regularly, so I have a constant influx of new UFO's. I try to remain active on a few groups at Yahoogroups so naturally there are new potential projects all the time. I love belonging to the lists, such a creative bunch of people I have never known. Just when I decide to pass up one swap or event, someone proposes something new and irresistible. Of course I love to participate in charitable sewing also. It makes me feel useful to know that somewhere a child is benefiting from my time.

Blogging is such a great way of tracking progress and hopefully solidifying resolutions and plans. So I have outlined my 2007 expectations of myself.

New projects for 2007 (so far)

Midget Block Sampler
http://www.sentimentalstitches.com/
State fair Sampler
http://www.sentimentalstitches.com/
Debbie Mumm 2007 BOM
http://www.debbiemumm.com/20th/images/2007blockofthemonth.jpg
Scrappy Sampler http://www.quiltedforest.com/shop.htm#pattern
What Have you Done to my UFO? Challenge at Mailblocks
Purple, purples! Row Robin at Mailblocks
Friendship Swap 2007 at Mailblocks

Wall hanging for Mr. Bradford
Something for Amy from choosen fabrics
Turkey quilt for Dad and Jean
Robes for my sons
Denim curtains for our garage windows
Freddies House Retreat Challenge

Current UFO projects
Black and White Amish Squares blocks
Pink and brown blocks
Box Quilt blocks
Susannah blocks
Flies in the Barn lotto blocks
Cabin in a Cabin blocks

Christmas wreath blocks
Christmas scrappy with applique
Night Sky Mystery twin size
Pieceful Pond BOM
www.forgetmenotstudio.com wall hanging
Jar blocks
Variegated spools blocks
New York Beauty blocks
Bright Stars

Broken Stained Glass 2005 BOM www.planetpatchwork.com
Log Cabin Round Robin
DownHome Mystery BOM 2005 www.downhomequilting.com
Purple and mango cats
Spiral scraps with small flying geese
Cowboy Medallion
F8 Swap blocks
Pink Lemonade blocks
WWC Challenge
Laura's scrap strings
Quilted sweatshirt
I've Got the Blues Row Robin 2006
Interlocking Scrap squares blocks
Spiral Log Cabin
Wonky Houses www.quiltville.com


Resolutions

I will spend at least 15 minutes a day quilting in one form or another.

I will finish at least 20 of the 29 UFO's I have listed previously.

I need more organization in my sewing area, more shelves, better way of keeping fabric according to size, color, theme, etc.

I need to clean my sewing area on a regular basis, tidy up after each project.

I need to repair and/or give out things I make for others. I have gifty items that are still sitting around because I forgot a hanging sleeve or there are missed seams on bindings, etc. If something doesn't please me, I still need to give it away, a crooked binding or something that just didn't turn out to my satisfaction doesn't negate all the work and effort I put into it.

Use that machine and frame more often!

I will make at least 12 charity quilts for WAS this year.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Bargersville, Indiana, United States
I'm a 45 year old wife and mother. Quilting is my haven from the real world.