Wednesday, July 12, 2006

They just keep coming!

UfO's....they just keep coming! I have devoted this year to the end of UFO's around here. Since getting the GrandQuilter, I should have no fear of finishing anything. But belonging to swap groups, keep my UFO list as long as ever. As I finish one, I find that I have three more to take its place with the addition of swap blocks into my project drawers.

The string quilt was purely an attempt at stash reduction. I foundation pieced the strings on el cheapo muslin from my scrap bins and some worn out cotton sheets. The blues used for the center blocks and setting triangles have been in my stash since I started quilting 5 years ago. It was designed as I went with no pattern, just a desire to use scraps. I like it, it currently resides on my bed.



This is a quilt top that was started as a mystery project at a retreat last September. Pattern can be found at Quiltindex.com. I added about 20 blocks and the border to make it full size. I pulled from my stash for this because it was a mystery and I wasnt sure if I would like it. I'm glad I had extra fabric to make it larger. This is going to be a gift to my mom, there are secret messages written in the free motion quilting to her.

This quilt used up two UFO's, it is comprised of blocks from two different swaps, one was a Black, White and Blue 9" and the other was Black and White 12". The blue used for the sashing was pulled from my stash, I remember buying 15 yards of it. I have used it on several quilts like this for sashing or as backing, I am down to around 2 yards left. I iwll be glad to see it go.



This is a lap quilt made from a block lotto I won on my swap list. The pattern is Antique Tile from Quilterscache.com Its floral, summery and sweet. It currently lives on my loveseat.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Bargersville, Indiana, United States
I'm a 45 year old wife and mother. Quilting is my haven from the real world.