Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Soggy Fourth, Sunny Fifth aint it always the way?


Listening to Crimson and Clover by Tommy James and the Shondells

No big Fourth plans around here, it was rainy and nasty most of the day, even in the skies were rather threatening although there wasnt any rain. So no cook outs, we made our Brats inside, ate frozen corn, and alfredo noodles...whatta way to celebrate the Fourth! Now today is gorgeous, the humidity is gone, its clear, cool and breezy.

I managed to finish the lotto blocks for the June Lotto, its Shooting Star from Marcia Hohn at http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/ShootingStar2Block.html.

You can also see my snazzy new design wall/board. I only have space for a portable temporary one, so I made this out of a vinyl falnnel backed tablecloth I picked up on clearance, a 4x8' sheet of pink foam insulation and my stapler! Its propped up on the couch but it still works great.

I realized the value of a design wall while preparing to photograph the spiral log cabins. http://www.quilting-arts-forum.com/bom3_2.html
I was putting them up and my DH commented they werent the prettiest blocks he had ever seen me make, and walked down the hallway to the bedroom. When he came back out, they were all on the board and I was about to snap a pic when he said, "Now those are kinda cool, I like the way they look." Uh, duh, you just said you didnt like them! Its all about perspective!

Today I am trying to finish the Twisted Tails wall hanging/kids quilt. I am done with what was on the pattern, but I'd like to add a couple more borders to make it a kids quilt. Since I am dontaing it to HSJC to be raffled at the fair, I'd like to make it something people would buy a chance on even if they're not a quilt or cat lover.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Bargersville, Indiana, United States
I'm a 45 year old wife and mother. Quilting is my haven from the real world.