Monday, April 22, 2013

Fun sewing

The challenge for this years May retreat is "Earth, Wind and Fire" meaning you could draw on one or more for your project inspiration. Initially my mind went to my favorite block, flying geese, however it seems my time went flying away with those geese.  
I needed an alternative quick project so I made this guard owl for next to the front door.  I found this pattern from Toad's Treasures  on Pinterest and used it as jumping off point,  so simple and fun!  He is stuffed with batting wrapped large rocks to keep him sitting upright.  I think he needs a friend.



2 comments:

Susan said...

And so cute I might add!

Ulla's Quilt World said...

So lovely! :)
Greetings from Finland!
Hugs, Ulla

About Me

My photo
Bargersville, Indiana, United States
I'm a 45 year old wife and mother. Quilting is my haven from the real world.