Saturday, January 12, 2013

Baby quilt finished

Maleah's baby quilt is finally finished, taking a tumble in the washer and dryer as I type this. So I find that I learn a little something with every quilt I make.  First of all, I am not sure I will do "traditional" binding ever again since finding this method on pinterest.  Magic Binding  I love how easy it was, I love that its completely machine sewn and I love the added little design element it adds.  I realize I may be calling down the wrath of the quilt gods by saying I have no intention of hand sewing binding again, but I like to walk on the wild side.
 Second lesson learned on this quilt, you cannot be stingy with spray basting.  If you are, then there's a good chance that you're going to wind up with gnarly puckers like I have when quilting on a table top machine.
All in all I am pretty pleased and I'm sure it will be warm and snuggly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I used that very same technique this morning on a queen size quilt. Love it!!! No more traditional binding for me!

About Me

My photo
Bargersville, Indiana, United States
I'm a 45 year old wife and mother. Quilting is my haven from the real world.