Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Spring bargello


The first bargello project from the class at Quilt University.
We were to choose colors that represented spring to us, these are the colors of my spring bulbs, daffodils, tulips and hyacinths. Now I think I need to find a nice brown and it will look like a freshly mulched spring bed. I really wanted this to be special so I had to buy most of fabric, just half yards of each, I had plenty of the lavender already on hand.
I made a couple of boo-boos, mostly in pressing/cutting, my strips are a little angled and they're not supposed to be. Then the whole thing was a little skewed, so I blocked it using my design board and sprayed the heck out of it with starch hoping to make it look more squared. Next time I will try cutting and pressing a little differently. All and all it wasn't a difficult project, but you do definitely need to pay attention to the details, I did a lot of frog stitching on this one!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Bargersville, Indiana, United States
I'm a 45 year old wife and mother. Quilting is my haven from the real world.